Author Topic: Integrity Check Fail  (Read 6488 times)

cobbkris

• View Profile
Integrity Check Fail
« on: March 01, 2016, 03:16:34 pm »
One of our league drivers gets this error when doing the integrity check (attached).

sequel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SimRacingTools
Re: Integrity Check Fail
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 12:37:08 am »
it seems that for some reason this app cannot access to temp folder. Ask him to try to launch the client with right administrator, this is not the solution but it helpful to catch the cause

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 09:10:36 pm »
tried running it with and without administrator and get the same error

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 09:13:32 pm »
as well as compatibility mode , reinstalled on another drive , change the path of the temp to another drive and back again ,nothing worked

sequel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SimRacingTools
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 08:37:32 am »
as well as compatibility mode , reinstalled on another drive , change the path of the temp to another drive and back again ,nothing worked
the problem isn't the path where you install the app but the temp directory where every app goes to write. This temp path is associated to window user so is likely that installing on different user the problem it risolves.

EDIT: this is common problem, all attributable to windows problem (permission, malware etc).
First try to scan the pc with malwarebytes or similar product
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:28:04 am by sequel »

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 07:22:54 pm »
i have tried everything in the book malware/trojan scan every scan one can do i have done it and its all clean

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 07:30:51 pm »
i have even tried changing the temp directory to another drive and folder and still that popup appears

What registry keys does it modify so i can remove them after uninstall so i can do a fresh re install

sequel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SimRacingTools
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 12:15:58 am »
i have even tried changing the temp directory to another drive and folder and still that popup appears

What registry keys does it modify so i can remove them after uninstall so i can do a fresh re install
to remove just delete the folder, you don't need to do anything into registry.

sequel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SimRacingTools
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 08:53:44 am »
if you do not solve the problem I shall have make changes to use less the temp folder

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 04:09:38 am »
so i have tried everything and nothing has worked ,cant race because of the popups so have to alt tab everytime to get back into the game

sequel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SimRacingTools
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »
so i have tried everything and nothing has worked ,cant race because of the popups so have to alt tab everytime to get back into the game
i think you must ask your league admin to race without SRT until will be ready the bypass solution. I can't see any way in this moment.

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 06:56:47 pm »
Thanks , could be a Windows 10 SRT issue that has arisen because i have loaded it on another windows 10 machine and the same error pops up and i have formatted that machne twice and reloaded it with all updates and the same issue comes up :)

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 04:26:25 am »
Windows 10 Professional

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 07:45:30 am »
im going to revert back to Windows 8 and try again because 3 out of 3 windows 10 machines had that error pop up because it creates the ytmp folder as a hidden folder the whole time ..

I did a test where a script created a folder in the temp directory ,copied a bat file and a .dll to that folder then executed that bat file and there were no errors stating it could not locate the created folder and bat file and the test ran successfully

SRT creates a ytmp in the temp directory (hidden) folder with files inside  , then a popup appears stating that the ytmp folders Bat file cannot be located (i checked the folder (hidden state) the bat file does exist

Changed the Temp and TMP directory to another location as well as another drive --- same outcome ...ytmp created as a hidden file with files inside but the popup appears stating it cannot locate the ytmp folder (hidden state) bat file  even though it exists

AndrewPienaar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 06:14:32 pm »
Reloaded back to Windows 8 , Works fine now

Thanks for the effort Sequel